Friday, November 28, 2008

Our Thanksgiving




This was my first Thanksgiving cooking the meal. My mom and dad were planning on coming for the day. Unfortunately, my mom never made it. She ended up in the hospital on Thanksgiving Day for abdominal pain and vomiting. She is still there and will be there through the weekend. She could use some prayers. They think she might have had a bowel obstruction. She might have some scar tissue built up from her surgery this past summer which is causing the obstruction. Worse case scenario, they would have to go back in and get rid of the scar tissue if she doesn't get better.
So, my dad came up alone. And we had more than enough food. Instead of turkey, I did Chicken breasts stuffed with stuffing, sweet potato casserole, corn, mashed potatoes, and Cornbread and Sausage stuffing. I was very proud of myself. For those of you that know me well, know that I hate cooking. So this was a BIG deal for me.



No comments: