This pregnancy has definitely put me in the mood to make a few changes in our house before the next baby comes. Since 2006, when we moved in, we have pretty much painted almost every room in our house. Except for one, the ugly bright yellow half bath. Oh, how I wish I had before pictures. Stupid me, didn't take any. But for those of you who have been to our place know what I am talking about it. This 1/2 bath used to be bright yellow with a dark navy blue tile that was centered in the middle of the wall and went all the way around the room. It also came furnished with a navy blue toilet seat. We just saw this room as a challenge because we weren't sure how we were going to get that thick blue tile off the wall. Well one weekend I put my dad up to the challenge. And he happens to be the best Handy Man I know. I think my dad can do just about anything. Sorry Honey!! So he managed to get that tile off without putting holes in the wall. Yea Dad!! The bathroom looked so naked without that tile. But I was so excited to finally get to change the color too. Did I mention it was BRIGHT YELLOW? Anyways.. so this is the finished product. I am so happy with it and not embarrassed anymore when our guests need to use it.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Home Improvement Projects
This pregnancy has definitely put me in the mood to make a few changes in our house before the next baby comes. Since 2006, when we moved in, we have pretty much painted almost every room in our house. Except for one, the ugly bright yellow half bath. Oh, how I wish I had before pictures. Stupid me, didn't take any. But for those of you who have been to our place know what I am talking about it. This 1/2 bath used to be bright yellow with a dark navy blue tile that was centered in the middle of the wall and went all the way around the room. It also came furnished with a navy blue toilet seat. We just saw this room as a challenge because we weren't sure how we were going to get that thick blue tile off the wall. Well one weekend I put my dad up to the challenge. And he happens to be the best Handy Man I know. I think my dad can do just about anything. Sorry Honey!! So he managed to get that tile off without putting holes in the wall. Yea Dad!! The bathroom looked so naked without that tile. But I was so excited to finally get to change the color too. Did I mention it was BRIGHT YELLOW? Anyways.. so this is the finished product. I am so happy with it and not embarrassed anymore when our guests need to use it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
looks gorgeous! so what was the board like underneath the tile? did you have to do anything to it? i should send you a picture of our tile in my bathroom. it might be worse than your blue tile! ours has quilt star accent tiles. Ugh.
Post a Comment