Friday, February 4, 2011

My Surprise 30th!

My oldest Sister Fawn planned my surprise 30th birthday. The surprise was my sister Robin came in from Kansas City. Fawn had this planned for over a month and all them kept it a secret from me. Although I was very skeptical when Brett tells me I should go down to Peoria the weekend before my birthday. He never tells me to leave him, I'm usually the one that is choosing to go visit my family. The plan was for me to drive down to Peoria on Friday and go out to dinner with Fawn and Brook for my birthday while my mom watched my kids. So the day of the surprise which they ALL kept from me for weeks, my mom accidently mentions Robin's name in some plans she was talking about for the weekend. Opps #1. Then later that day my sister Brook let it slip to when we were talking about what to wear for dinner, and she mentioned something about what Fawn and Robin were going to wear. Oops #2. So both my mom and Brook felt SO BAD and made me still act surprised when I saw Robin. Later it came out over dinner that I did find out about the surprise earlier that day. Fawn was a little disappointed because she really wanted to surprise me. But even though I wasn't surprised it was still good to see and spend time with our sister Robin. And the fact that Fawn planned this surprise for me meant A LOT! Now that we are all grown up and have familes of our own, it's hard for us all to get together. So these times are precious!






No comments: