Sunday, October 3, 2010

Metzger Reunion

The first ever Metzger Reunion was held at Honey Creek Resort on Rathbun Lake in Iowa. My grandparents are living and going strong. They are celebrating 60 years of marriage next year. The awesome thing is EVERYONE: CHILD, GRANDCHILD, and GREAT GRANDCHILD were there minus just two grandchildren. That's a lot of people!! My family stayed in a tiny 4 bedroom cabin. Imagine 9 adults and 9 grandkids in this cabin. It was tight! Between nap schedules, early birds, swimming and meals. We were all pretty busy and worn out. Honey Creek was very beautiful! Great golf course(so my husband says), indoor waterpark was perfect for the young ones, they even had a really nice playground and sand area. Plus, there's fishing, boating, etc. The thing that I cherished most was the time I got to spend with family I haven't seen in YEARS, cousins, aunts and uncles. It's crazy to see all our own families that have grown over the years. Hopefully we can keep these reunions going, and my grandpa and grandma can continue to go strong. And over the years we can continue to see the generations grow. I wish I had more time to take more pictures. There are so many moments that I missed on camera.






This is the only picture of Drake that I think he looks like my Dad and not his father Nate.


My mom and Alexa




Drew, Rose, Makenna, and Mae


Drake and Alexa



What Esslinger's do for fun: we play Sequence, for money. ;o)



The kids spent a lot of time playing in the room and jumping on the beds. Remember, the cabin, was tiny.






The Esslinger Women!





A mix of grandchildren and great grandchildren



Alexa going down the waterslide with Makenna.





So Alexa is our crazy, fearless girl that LOVES the water. She is not afraid of it at all. She goes crazy in the bathtub and hates being restrained in a flotation device in the pool. The girl thinks she can swim on her own. So when I heard there was going to be a indoor waterpark with a baby-kid area, I knew it wouldn't be deep enough to put her in a flotation device, but if I let her go in there on her own she would probably drown herself. SO I put some arm floaties on her and she just went wild. SHe LOVED IT!!! She didn't want to walk in that water, she wanted to swim, and SO SHE DID. I know, kind of crazy, my 18 month old with arm floaties on, but given the situation and circumstances, she DID GREAT!!













































































































































































No comments: