Sunday, February 21, 2010

Drake is home!!


Drake is finally home!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you've had a chance to read Nate's blog. It has been a great testimony and very inspiring to us all. Also, it has kept us up to date on Drake's progress. Nate and Brook are SO thrilled to have Drake home! Life can move forward now, instead of stand still. The future is unknown for them as far as Drake's progress. Since Drake has CMV it can still cause some damages over the next couple years. As of right now, we know that his brain only developed to 35 weeks gestation, and he is deaf in one ear. There is still a chance he could lose some hearing in his other ear and have some vision loss. But we are praying that none of those things will happen. God will just continue to heal Drake and won't give him more than he can't handle. Because of Drake's situation I have been reminded of Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. There is HOPE and we just need to trust in that. It's nice to see a smile on Nate and Brook's face and to hear them laugh. Keep praying for baby Drake!!!

No comments: