Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Makenna has croup

This is Makenna's first time with croup. Luckily is was only a mild case and we had no emergency visits to the ER for breathing treatments. I was able to get her in the doctor right away and get her on steriods. Each day she is getting better and we're looking forward to better days. Now while Makenna was battling croup, Alexa had a 103 temp. Not sure what was going on with her because she had no other symptoms besides the fever. We tried really hard to keep Makenna away from Alexa so that she would not pass on the croup to her. So far so good. And Alexa's temp is gone. Thank you Jesus. Dealing with TWO sick kids is all new to me. I'm sure it's going to happen a lot more in my life, and hopefully next time I can handle it better. It's hard when you have two sick kids that want to be held and are whining all the time. You are definitely needing a break and needless to say I was very thankful when Brett got home from work.

2 comments:

the ferwerda family said...

I'm so sorry - croup is scary!!! And to add another baby with a fever is absolutely no fun:( Paige had croup and it completely freaked me out. I will be praying for a fast recovery for all of you. You deserve a morning out of the house to recover yourself:) Hope to see you tomorrow but I'm not sure if you guys will all be feeling up to it or not. If not, we'll be thinking about you!!!

Kendra said...

Ugh...I can only imagine how drained you must have felt dealing with this. Hang in there. I hope everyone is now on the mend!