Monday, June 15, 2009

She's a big girl!







I'm so excited to share that Makenna is potty trained. I have to thank all my moms on Facebook that shared their stories and advice with me on what I should do. And it all payed off. I immediately started with underwear and we had lots of accidents, but I took the advice of no pull-ups except for naps and bedtime and it worked. And she has been doing excellent. We bought princess underwear which we talked about how it made the princess sad is she got wet, plus she couldn't wear her princess underwear anymore when it got wet. Also, the Elmo potty seat worked wonders. We also have Dora in the other bathroom. She was never scared to sit on the BIG potty. She had no desire for the little potties that sit on the floor so I was glad we didn't have to do any transitions. We also used a Dora Potty training chart. So after she would go potty or try, she got a sticker. She was very excited about getting Dora stickers. Also, the bribing helped. Eveytime she went potty, she got a piece of candy. Overall, it took less than a week for her to do it. It was so hard for me to stay home all day, and to be patient enough to sit her on the potty and wait for her to go. Sometimes it took an hour. But, it was all worth it. And at least I can say I successfully potty trained her.

1 comment:

the ferwerda family said...

Yay!! That's an awesome accomplishment!!! I will for sure turn to you when I decide to bite the bullet and potty train Paige:) I think we're a few months away....hopefully by the end of the summer. Miss you guys - haven't seen you in awhile at church. We must be going to different services!!!