Well Brett and I have planned our 5 Year Anniversary get away for this May to Cancun, Mexico. And boy, are we SOOOOOO excited! Although, in the midst of all this excitement, we realized we will have to leave our 17 month old daughter with trusted family members, and we started to panic. Have you ever left a baby/child to go away on vacation for a week? Please give me some advice and encouraging words because at the moment when I think about leaving her for a whole week, tears start to fill my eyes. It's going to be hard, and I know I have 3 more months to plan and prepare, but nothing is going to prepare me emotionally. And I really want to enjoy this vacation with my husband, but I can't help but think I will miss her terribly and think of her all the time. Can anyone help me?
Friday, February 8, 2008
Any Advice?
Well Brett and I have planned our 5 Year Anniversary get away for this May to Cancun, Mexico. And boy, are we SOOOOOO excited! Although, in the midst of all this excitement, we realized we will have to leave our 17 month old daughter with trusted family members, and we started to panic. Have you ever left a baby/child to go away on vacation for a week? Please give me some advice and encouraging words because at the moment when I think about leaving her for a whole week, tears start to fill my eyes. It's going to be hard, and I know I have 3 more months to plan and prepare, but nothing is going to prepare me emotionally. And I really want to enjoy this vacation with my husband, but I can't help but think I will miss her terribly and think of her all the time. Can anyone help me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It hard when planning but once you are there- It will be so fun! Then on the way home it will be hard again- You will want to be home! sometimes:)
We left Gwen and Drake last May with a babysitter in a foreign country and when we came home Drake and Gwen both acted like we had been gone for the afternoon.:)
Cancun is great! Where are you guys staying?
Post a Comment